The trends shaping marketing compliance
This State of Marketing Compliance Report provides trend information on the depth of marketing compliance programs, concerns, and challenges across a variety of highly regulated industries, including banking & financial services, mortgages, fintechs, partner & community banks, buy now pay later (BNPL), higher education, and more.
Some of our key findings in this report include:
- Compliance budgets are increasing in 2022 and will be spent differently than in previous years
- 91% of marketing documents submitted for review in 2021 had at least one compliance issue that needed revision
- Compliance professionals are concerned with fair lending, UDAAP, and more throughout the next year
- Web pages, emails, and messages were the riskiest marketing channels in 2021
Download the full report for more in-depth data and explanations.
Get The Full Insights for 2022
This report includes data from compliance professionals across a variety of industries, including Banking & Financial Services, Mortgage, FinTech, Partner Bank, Buy Now Pay Later (BNPL), Credit Card, Higher Education, and other consumer finance categories.
A survey was distributed in Q4 of 2021 to compliance and marketing professionals from companies operating in the industries listed above. Survey responses from 120 professionals were then reviewed to verify the individuals’ names, job titles, and employment to ensure data legitimacy and integrity. Data was then analyzed to provide the information and insights that are included in this report.
Table of Contents:
- Overall confidence in compliance programs
- Compliance team size and bandwidth
- Marketing content review and approval volumes
- Compliance budget sizes and top areas of spend
- Compliance monitoring practices for partners, merchants, and third parties
- Top marketing compliance challenges
- Regulatory “hot topics” of concern for 2022
- Top marketing channels used and monitored
- The riskiest marketing channels for compliance